Founded by Bobby Laughlin in 2015, Playa Vista Capital Management manages private investment funds, separately managed accounts, and EB-5 investments. PVCM is located in Los Angeles, California and is an Exempt Reporting Advisor (“ERA”). Please visit our Disclaimer before proceeding.
Our investment strategy is deeply rooted in our belief in the philosophy of value investing. Originated by Benjamin Graham and notably utilized by Warren Buffett, value investing is the art of purchasing assets at deep discounts to their intrinsic value. Our investment domain is the small and micro-cap securities market. We focus on analyzing securities that do not have wide analyst coverage. We have an meritocratic incentive structure that requires us to generate a certain level of performance before we are eligible to receive fees.
An investment in a carefully selected set of private businesses presents investors compelling opportunities to achieve anomalous rates of return, without subjecting the investor to outsized amounts of risk. Our team is focused on a very narrow segment of the private business landscape where we believe we have a competitive advantage in generating prospective deal flow, as well as managerial and financial expertise. When combining these factors with our value investment methodology, we end up with a strategically structured portfolio.
We manage the following investment vehicles:
- Simple, Roth, Traditional, and SEP IRA
- 401(k) and 403(b)
- Brokerage and Trust Accounts
What makes us different?
- We do not offer prefabricated portfolios. Each account is specifically customized for the investor. We do not use mutual funds or any high-operating cost funds; instead we create portfolios through a combination of ultra-low cost index funds and carefully selected individual securities.
- If the investment account loses value for the year, we do not assess any fees.
- We advise our investors on assets outside of our management, free of charge. (real estate, interests in private businesses, etc.)
- We build and distribute a Household Financial Model in Microsoft Excel for each prospective investor at no cost.
Our USCIS-approved EB-5 Regional Center (RCID:1527453257) provides investors access to exclusive EB-5 commercial real estate development projects. Our philosophy with respect to selecting projects is simple: we are looking for projects that will provide two outcomes:
- Compelling returns without subjecting the investor to asymmetric levels of risk, including the on-time or early return of the investor’s money, with interest
- Successfully execution of the development of the project in order to position the investor to receive their Green Card as soon as possible.
Thank you for visiting our website. I sincerely appreciate any consideration you give to our investment partnerships, wealth management service, and EB-5 investment management program.
When I started this company, my primary goal was to provide a set of services that I would be delighted to buy if I were on the other side. I continue to shape the company with that image in mind.
Please feel free to contact me if you’d like to discuss any of our offerings. I would be more than happy to speak with you.
CEO Bobby Laughlin Sits Down with CNBC’s Becky Quick to Discuss the Influence of Warren Buffett
Omaha, NE (May 4, 2018) — Playa Vista Capital Management CEO Bobby Laughlin is featured in a new CNBC documentary titled “Warren Buffett: Investor. Teacher. Icon.” The documentary, which aired just ahead of the 2018 Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting, shines a light on the profound influence of Warren Buffett on peoples lives, including Bobby’s. Bobby was interviewed by CNBC star Becky Quick, the anchor of Squawk Box and a regular interviewer of Buffett for more than a decade.
“It was an absolute honor to sit down with Becky Quick — a journalist I’ve long followed and admired — to discuss my hero, Warren Buffett,” said Bobby. “Buffett is not only the most successful value investor in the world, he’s an incredible example of how following simple principles of ethics can create a rewarding and fulfilling life.”
The program aired on Friday, May 4 at 10 p.m. EST/PST, and again on Saturday, May 5, 2018 at the same time.
For more information, please see the link below: